What is EndNote?
EndNote is a database program for managing bibliographic citations. It can automate much of the work of organizing and formatting citations and bibliographies in your writing.
Watch a brief YouTube video about EndNote (1min 41s)
Undergraduates: Get started with EndNote online.
Graduate students and Faculty: Install EndNote (desktop version) paired with EndNote online.
EndNote is available free of charge to UTC students, faculty and staff.
Getting EndNote (desktop) with EndNote online
1. Your UTC password must be up to date. If you have not changed your password recently, log into MyMocsNet, click on the Services tab, and choose Change Password.
2. Log in to UTK's Software Distribution site. Log in using your UTC ID and password. (NOTE: UTC ID = NETID)
3. Choose Thomson Reuters (EndNote)
4. Choose EndNote X7 Installation Instructions for Windows or Mac. Click "download selected item". Save the PDF. Print or open this file - these are your download and installation instructions.
5. Choose EndNote X7 for Windows or Mac then click "download selected item"
6. You MUST extract the files before installing. (Your EndNote X7 Installation Instructions from step #4 above will help.)
7. Follow the Installation Instructions to complete your EndNote installation.
8. Once EndNote is up and running, click on the Sync button on the toolbar. You can Sign Up for a new account or link to your existing EndNote online account.